The first thing an Interior Decorator does when starting a new design job is to meet with the client to determine style, budget and needs. The decorator then work with individuals to build, arrange and decorate stores, homes and offices using furniture, accessories, fixtures, colour schemes and artwork.
- Advise clients on the selection of colour schemes, layout, lighting, furniture, floor coverings, curtains, paint, wallpaper and hardware products
- Visit clients' premise to look at existing conditions and make measurements.
- Provide sketches, specifications, cost estimate and come out with a design within clients' budget for their approval
- Source for furnishing and accessories. (Required to coordinate with China supplier)
- Supervise and coordinate the installation and arrangement of furniture and furnishings
We offer attractive benefits but we think the payout sucks for a start.